Fresh Finds At The Orange Farmer’s Market

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

The Orange Farmer’s Market is put on each Saturday, rain or shine, right across the street from Dodge on the corner of Palm Ave and Cypress Street. 

From 9am-1pm, this little parking lot lights up with fresh produce, specialty artisan products, amazing deals, free samples and friendly people. Bring along some cash, reusable bags, throw on some sunglasses and you are good to go!

Below are some of the best deals, freshest products and must haves:

1. Fresh Sweet Corn: 3 stalks for $1 or 1 stalk for 33 cents.

2. Fresh Asparagus: 3 for $5 or $2 each. 

3. Berries! Strawberries, Rasberries, Blueberries & Blackberries: Mix & match 3 trays for $10.

4. Fresh Sweet Carrot Bundles: 2 for $3 or $2 each.

5. More Greens: Bags of Kale, Arugula, Spinach: $1 per bag!

6. Variety of Organic Apples: $3 per pound

Other fresh items include: cucumbers, tomatos, eggplant, pomegranate, dragon fruit, pears, string beans, onions, bell peppers, purple sweet potatos, ginger root, broccoli, cauliflower, apple juice, orange juice, almonds and more!

Additional must-have items: Mom’s Speciality Hummus & Pita Bread and Lucky Habanero Salsa & Chips. Try samples of the different flavors and you will not be able to resist these delicious treats. 

To get more information about the market and the vendors, check out the website: http://www.orangehomegrown.org/index.html

The Orange Home Grown Farmer’s Market is a 501(c)(4) Nonprofit Organization, which is just another reason to support these local vendors!