alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Cutie: Pete Thiengtrong ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Name: Pete Varis Thiengtrong

Major: Communication

Year: Freshmen

Relationship status: Single

Hometown: Cerritos, California

Affiliation: Myself

What are your hobbies? 

Going to concerts and listening to music and having good quality turn up time with my friends. I love shopping, I love a good deal. Messing around with my friends. Helping my friends find their self worth. Telling my friends that their outfits are disgusting and they need to go change. You know, just doing my civic duty for the world. Also, I love Disneyland.

How is your first month in the dorms?

Its been an experience that I feel like I needed. I love living away from my parents even though they are only 20 minutes away. I love meeting the people on my floor and hanging out with everyone at all times of the day. But the caf. It’s a very toxic environment for me to be in. As of this moment, I only go in for the sandwich station and the salad bar. I am constantly sneaking out sandwiches for midnight snacks.

What do you look for in a soul mate?

Well I want someone with good credit rating. I need someone who can carry their own in a conversation with me. I need someone with a good sense of humor. I need someone who is nice but also sassy and witty. You need to love top 40 music. You need to always dress really nice, like you are walking in NYFW. You need to love and respect Beyonce. You also need to also be smart and academically focused ’cause I don’t want no scrub.

Any fall fashion do’s and don’ts?

Fall Do’s would be a lot of brown leather boots. Desert boots, hiking boots, combat boots. Heavy jacket but not too heavy since this is SoCal. Lots of brown and green and warmer color tones. Don’ts are no more flip flops those are for the summer leave them in the summer. Also lets leave Fetty Wap and “Shut up and Dance With Me” in the summer.

If you could spend the day with one person, who would it be and what would you do?

I would probably spend the day with Oprah Winfrey and try to extort some money for spring semester. You know just for books and housing. An internship at OWN would be nice. I would like to go on one of her yachts and just have good quality time with her and Gayl.

If you had to be a pair of jeans what pair would you be?

I would be black skinny jeans because they hold everything together and I need that in my life right now.

Where do you see yourself in four years?

Hopefully still alive and kicking. I see myself paying off a lot of student loans but working at a record label or TV studio.  I want to live in the valley. Getting kale smoothies brought to me for lunch and going to Soul Cycle in the afternoons. I want to be making a lot of money as the next Scooter Braun or Ryan Seacrest.