Campus Cutie: Mike Mehagian ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Name: Mike Mehagian

Year: 2016

Hometown: Phoenix, AZ

Affiliation: Pike

Relationship Status: Single

Who would you let punch you in the face?

For sure my mother! She’s earned the right to punch me over anybody else. But since she most likely won’t capitalize on that opportunity, I’d probably let Matthew Smith punch me. He has baby soft hands and little T-Rex arms so it wouldn’t hurt much… Sorry Scooter. Another potential option would be Floyd Mayweather. He’s my favorite boxer and I enjoy watching his fights, so I’d love to meet him in person and take a punch. 

What would you tell your freshman-year self?

Probably not too much. I think things happen for a reason and I would want to live my life the way it was suppose to. I’d maybe tell myself to study more and get more work experience to better prepare myself for the future. Oh and I’d also tell myself to not walk around bald with 17 other freshman baseball players so Coach T would still be here at Chapman.

What’s the cutest thing a girl could do for you?

Honestly, I think if I girl makes me dinner, that would be super cute. I’m not being misogynistic so don’t read into it like that- I simply like food. And if it were prepared to me by a cute girl unexpectedly, I would very much enjoy that.

Tell us about your most embarrassing moment?

Well it’s not necessarily a story but I’ve lost my iPhone in an Uber 6 times in the last year. Last week I had to retrieve it in Garden Grove and the week before that in an Anaheim apartment complex. Find my iPhone app is pretty clutch. Also, there is a rumored video on YouTube of me getting dunked on in high school. This WOULD be embarrassing but thankfully I avoided challenging the fellow player and avoided said “dunking on.” To those with contrary beliefs, you’re kidding yourself and I will put together a full PowerPoint presentation if need be to analyze the incident and put all debate to rest.

Any experiences with a crazy ex-gf?

Yea honestly, I can’t bash any of my ex’s. None of them were real crazy or anything. The only thing that was crazy is that they jumped ship from the best gig in town.

Ideal future relationship?

I meet a cool chick that likes to bump to some fat EDM slappers and has rich parents that provide a hefty budget for me and her so we can live in the Bahamas and drink Mai Tais all day, and have at least 4 jet skis… in case we have guests.

If you could change anything about Chapman, what would it be?

In all seriousness, I want to see Chapman expand, become larger, and have more of a known presence nationally. I hate when I go home and have to explain what Chapman is. I don’t like having to low-key defend it and reassure the person I’m talking to that I’m not attending a school in a sketchy building on the side of the highway. I think we are just as good, if not better than state schools, and I want to have people recognize the name and reputation more.