Campus Cutie Hassan Gali ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Name: Hassan Gali

Age: 21

Major: Business Administration (Finance)

Class: 2016

Hometown: San Francisco, California

Relationship Status: Single

Affiliation: Pi Kappa Alpha (Pike)

Any embarassing stories?

Contrary to popular belief, I am a very good swimmer. I have had to defend this notion for most of my life by often times referring to myself as “The Black” Michael Phelps. Well, last semester I slipped and fell into a swimming pool at a day party.  Multiple people had to jump into the pool to save me, not one but five plus times.  The most embarrassing part of the story was that I needed to be rescued from the shallow end of the pool. While I did survive this horrific experience, I am not allowed anywhere near a pool at day parties without being equipped with a certified floatation device. Till this day I still blame this experience on cramps, and I am still confident that I can swim with the best of them.   

Celebrity crush and why?

My celebrity crush is a tie between Jhene Aiko and Kris Jenner.  If Kris is 59, then I’m 59. Also, I have yet to hear a more beautiful and touching voice than Jhene Aiko’s.

How do you show a girl you’re into her?

If I were interested in a girl that I already knew, I would usually approach her with the line “I’d wife you up.” It’s simple and straight to the point.  In most situations when I’m not as comfortable around the girl yet, I may tell her friend to relay the message “I’d wife you up” back to her. Caring gestures, such as compliments and warm greetings are also very effective. If all else fails, the quadruple texts sent after the hours of 10:30 pm usually sends the message. 

What are your future goals?

My future goal is to become a professional actor, or to pursue a career in sports management for a professional basketball team. My ultimate goal is to be making enough money so that I can afford to buy my parents a home in the wine country.

Dream Date?

My dream date would take place near a dimly lit pond, where Jhene and I would have a picnic. We would spend the whole night getting to know each other, while feeding breadcrumbs to ducks.

What are your turn ons and turn offs?

Turn ons include a great sense of humor and fashion, similar taste in music, a girl who is into sports, and has an infectious smile.

Huge turn offs include when a girl eats Albertacos sober, is always gossiping and never smiling, has an obsessive love for cats, poorly kept feet, and too much makeup.

What’s your favorite memory from Chapman so far?

My favorite memory would have to be winning Banner and Chant during Greek week last year.