Campus Cutie Gianmarco Duin ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Age: 19

Class: 2018

Major: Screen Acting

Hometown: Naperville, IL

Relationship Status: Single

Affiliation: Beta Pledge 

Describe yourself in three words. 

Eccentric, personable, and driven. 

Celebrity Crush and why?

It was Charlize Theron like in the 2003 era when she did the movie, Italian Job. She is just the definition of sexy. She is a classy woman, but at the same time, you know there is something special under that beauty. You know she is complex, she is complex sexy.

What is your guilty pleasure?

It has to be any girl music artist from 2008-2010, like Demi Lovato and Britney Spears. Oh, and Mariah Carey. 

What do you look for in a girl?

I want somebody that is quick witted. I want to be able to banter. I think that is important. Attractivion is obviously a part of it, but I want to have somebody that is always engaged and adventurous and wanting to try new things and be able to reach out to new people. I want someone who is spontaneous but is also able to just chill and is okay to not always be running around. They should know the time and place to just relax and have fun.

If you could be in any movie, what movie would you be in and why?

James Bond, I want to be Bond. I would say Lord of the Rings is up there, but James Bond is that guy. He is invincible and he always gets the girl. The girl is always a smokeshow. It would just be fun to play. And you have a british accent, why not? You can’t go wrong. 

What’s your ideal date?

It would probably be a really nice dinner because you want one-on-one time with someone. You want to sit across from them and get to know them. But after dinner, a fun nighttime activity like a beach cruise or nighttime swimming or mountain hiking and star gazing. That way you can be with someone in a certain environment and get to know them. Plus, going to a restaurant is a good teller if she is constantly on her phone alot. It’s kind of annoying if she is. 

What is one thing people don’t know about you?

I played the violin for 14 years, and I’m really into classical music. 

What’s a deal breaker with a girl?

Somebody who is confrontational and is always wanting to find a problem. Also, somebody who complains alot. You want someone who can adapt and have fun regardless. Also, being on your phone and not being engaged. If you don’t want to be present with me, I respect that but then don’t be on a date with me. 

What are your plans after Chapman?

I plan to move to LA and start a fulltime career as a professinal actor in TV and Cinema.