Campus Cutie Dylan Leslie ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Name: Dylan Leslie

Major: Film Production – Minor in Business

Class: Freshman

Age: 19

Hometown: Millburn, New Jersey

Relationship Status: Single

Affiliation: GDI

Tell us something we don’t know about you:

Well, I’m assuming you know nothing about me besides what I look like… But fun fact, my favorite band is Guster. For whoever knows who that is, good on you.

What is your guilty pleasure?

Hmm, I used to watch the OC a few years ago, but I have nooo shame in that. Hell, I even tried Gossip Girl but I stopped because the acting was so bad. No, my real guilty pleasure is Taylor Swift… I hate her because she wrote that breakup song about John Mayer. You know, “Dear John”? But then he wrote a more badass song about her in response. But Taylor’s got some good tunes, regardless.

Why did you pick Chapman?

My mom moved out here over the summer, but I always knew I wanted to come out West. For someone who wants to enter the film industry, I really think it was the best choice for me.

What do you look for in a girl?

I think just sanity. Am I right?!? No but actually, I just look for a down to Earth girl who can deal with me. Other than that, it’s just about having a solid connection with her and thinking she’s the greatest thing. I definitely think a girls eyes are what can sell me.

Turn ons and turn offs:

Ok, turn off? When she looks at her phone too much. Or if a girl is just passive aggressive all the time. And also when a girl bites me. What is that? And, turn ons… When a girl has a really good laugh and smile. Especially when they are contagious.

Celebrity crush:

I’ve always had a thing for Mila Kunis. Ever since That ‘70s Show, she has constantly just stayed awesome.

Best compliment you have ever received?

It happened this year, and it was from my professor. So I had just finished showing him my short film, and it was the last day of class. I went up to him to say thanks and goodbye, and he just told me, “Wow man, you inspire me.” Truthfully, the grade in that class wasn’t worth half of what that compliment meant to me.

What is your most embarrassing moment?

Valentine’s Day… Classic, right? I was younger, and there was a girl who I was into. For some reason I thought it’d be a good idea to send her a rose and chocolates. I’m thinking, this plan is foolproof; girls love this stuff, according to my childhood upbringing. Also, I wrote her some sh**ty poem… But hey, at the time, the only person who approved all of this was my mother. Long story short, this girl of interest seemed kind of creeped out by all of these “anonymous” gifts. Clearly not the reaction I was going for. I apologized to her the next day. Moral of the story: Save it for the movies.