Campus Cutie: Drew Uphoff ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Name: Drew Uphoff

Year: Junior

Major: Business

Affiliation: Beta Theta Pi

Relationship Status: Single…

Tell us something most people don’t know about you:

Most people don’t know that I actually play lacrosse for Chapman. This is probably because I don’t advertise it, but I am on the team! I have loved the game as long as I can remember and just can’t give it up. Come out and support the Panthers this spring!

Where’s your favorite place in the world?

Lake Tahoe. I go up to the mountain every winter with the family for snowboarding and skiing. However, I’m more of a summer guy because there is a lot more to do.  I love boating, hitting the shooting range, golfing, mountain biking, and hiking through the trails overlooking the lake.  It’s the perfect spot any season of the year.

Guilty pleasure?

I love bubble baths. Don’t laugh.  I know that you never see men in bath commercials such as Aveeno or Calgon, but it true that men like baths.  There is nothing better after a long day at school or a hard lacrosse practice than relaxing in the tub.  It’s also a great place to listen to football or just sit and reflect on the day.  Try it!

What are you passionate about?

I am a diehard Nebraska football fan, plain and simple.  I have never lived in Nebraska, but my dad did so it must be in the genes.  It’s a passion that has been passed down through my family for generations. My dad loves it, my dad’s dad loved it, and now, of course, this guy loves it. Don’t get in between me and my Huskers on a Saturday afternoon! GO BIG RED!!!

What’s something girls do that you can’t stand?

I hate it when girls can’t take a compliment. If I say it, I mean it. Believe it or not, there are still guys out there who are nice.  When they compliment a girl, they’re not looking for a hookup; they just genuinely like your hair or your outfit.  I think that if every woman could take a compliment, the world would be an easier place.

Salty or sweet?

This is an easy one – definitely sweet.  I have a little bit of a sweet tooth!

Describe your perfect date:

First, I pick up my date and ask her if there is something she has in mind that she wants to do.  If not, I have planned ahead.  I take her to a place where we can get to know each other, like a walk on the beach or a hike; nothing too sweaty or messy because that can take the fun out of it.  Afterwards, we get a bite to eat; nothing too fancy but at a place where we can still talk and get to know each other.  Really, the activity itself should not be the focus, but rather getting to know each other better and hopefully go on another date.

Feelings on girls who approach guys?

In my opinion, I think it’s strange that people still believe it is inappropriate for girls to make the first move.  I’m always impressed when a girl has the guts to approach a guy.  It’s never easy to approach anyone when you’re out, regardless of gender.  So, when I see a girl do it, I’m impressed.  It shows that she is confident in herself and I find that really attractive.