This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Name: Bennett Tuleja        

Major: Political Science & Peace Studies (Double Major)

Class: Junior

Age: 20

Hometown: Palos Verdes Estates, CA  

Relationship status: Single

Affiliation: Phi Kappa Tau; Kappa Alpha Pi

What is it like to be president of Phi Kappa Tau?

Being the President is everything I could have hoped for and more. Phi Tau is one really big family and having the opportunity to lead these men is such an honor. Admittedly, there are some stressful times, but anything worth doing isn’t easy. Also, if you’ve never banged a gavel, that’s easily one of the funnest parts of the job, 10/10 would recommend.  

What is your favorite part about being in a fraternity?

My favorite part is having a home away from home. It’s a pretty incredible experience being able to have your best friends here and have the support and experiences that come along with that.  

Walk us through a typical day for you:

After I hit snooze a few times I get up around 8 and go to the gym. Come back and get ready to be on campus for work around 10. Most days I’ll go to Einstein’s and get a coffee and bagel too, but sometimes that line is just not happening. From there I’m on campus until about 6 or 7 and then I’ll head home, make some dinner, study, hang out with my roommates and go to bed around midnight.  

What are three words that describe you?

Happy, Driven, Passionate

Do you have any exciting plans for Spring Break?

Definitely going to do some hiking and hit up the beach, but mostly just relax and sleep and I’m really excited about it.  

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Hopefully fresh out of law school.  Being a lawyer is something I’ve wanted to do since I was a kid and I would love to be able to make that dream come true in the next 5 years.  

What are you involved in on campus?

I am the President of Phi Kappa Tau, VP of Public & Community Relations for IFC, and I work in Student Engagement as a Student Organizations Assistant helping Recreation and Leisure clubs. I’m also a part of Chapman Democrats and a member of the Pre-law fraternity, KAPi.    

What is something people don’t know about you?

I’m a twin! I have a twin sister, her name is Taylor and she’s my partner in crime circa 1996.

What are some of your hobbies?

Music has been a big part of my life for a long time and that’s usually do with my free time. I play guitar, sax, and a little bit of percussion and a few of my roommates are amazing musicians so we make some good tunes on the regular.  I also like to stay pretty active, love hiking, basketball and baseball.    

Where would you take someone on a first date?

I am a huge beach person so I’d probably take someone to Newport for dinner by the water and then coffee or ice cream. Not to say I’m like a gooey-romantic, but I like getting pretty cheesy with it. If I could afford a candlelit dinner on a private balcony with live music, I would love to go all out with a date, but a man can dream. I hope I’m lucky enough to be able to do that for someone someday. 

How does it feel to be this week’s campus cutie?

I am so honored, thank you HerCampus! I’d like to thank my mom and dad because I literally could not have made it here without them.