Campus Celebrity: Marie and Louie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Name: Marie Fitch 

Age: 21

Year: Senior

Major: Graphic Design

Minor: Leadership

Hometown: Newport Beach

Affiliation: Delta Gamma

Favorite Quote: “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take” -Unknown

Tell us about your dog:

Louie is a beautiful 20-pound love muffin who loves long walks on the beach and swimming in his life jacket. Unfortunately, about half a year ago he was diagnosed with a pinched nerve in his back (which made those long walks on the beach very short). He is currently showing signs of “drunk legs” and eventually will have no feeling whatsoever unless this surgery happens as soon as possible.

What was the inspiration behind making a t-shirt to raise money?

I am a very passionate person and when I want to put my mind to something, it gets done. So when my baby needs a $16,000 back surgery, I was determined to do as much as I possibly could to make it happen. Since I am a graphic designer, making t-shirts seemed like an obvious way to make the money fast and in a fun way.

What is your overall goal for raising money?

The goal is to raise the full amount of money for his back surgery, but if we surpass our goal, we intend to donate the rest to other pugs in need.

Do you have any advice for students who are trying to create their own fundraisers and reach the chapman community?

Create a GoFundMe account as soon as possible and use all your skills to make it happen. The biggest issue with fundraising is people don’t know about it, so I would just spread the word as much as you can!

How can people get involved?

People can visit www.gofundme.com/savethelou to make a direct donation to Louie’s surgery or purchase a #SaveTheLou t-shirt from me on campus or through his website (www.savethelou.com) which will be up later this week

*If you want to see more pictures of Louie the lovemuffin make sure to follow him on instagram @lueluemonkey