This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Cover artists are all over social media. Whether it be a tribute to Michael Jackson, or a rendition of Katy Perry’s “Firework”, these artists continue to make names for themselves by simply putting their own twist on songs that have already hit the Billboard Top 100. A new cover artist has made quite the name for himself over in Australia, and now he has made his arrival in the U.S. William Singe, is a 23 year old Australian singer and producer. He is most notable for his online videos that have reached millions of views on Facebook and YouTube.

He started his career as a member of a boy band called The Collective, who competed on the  fourth season of X Factor in Australia in 2012, finishing third place. After the show was finished, the band signed with Sony Music Australia, where they released seven singles and a self-titled album. But, Singe found himself wanting to take a different path, so he left the band in 2015.

Singe’s claim to fame over in the U.S. was not nearly normal. He would start to record numerous R&B, hip-hop, and rap covers in his bedroom. Songs like Drake’s “Hotline Bling”, which made it onto the Billboard charts. In less than a year, he had accumulated over two million fans on Facebook, reached a #1 position on Spotify, and had over fifty million video views and half a million Facebook subscribers.

William Singe has taken Australia by storm, and now he is ready to take on the rest of the world. Be sure to check him out on YouTube for some amazing talent and covers of your favorite songs!