Be the Life of the Party with ‘New Girl’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

The college party scene is a delicate ecosystem that usually involves a rather specific timeline of events. For maximum benefits, check out this going out routine brought to you by “New Girl”!

You’re ready for a cozy night in, but your friends are ready to rally.

After much convincing, you decide to go under certain conditions.

Try to not have too many expectations and take a deep breath. Let the flow of the night carry you through.

When you arrive at the party, they aren’t letting anyone in. Naturally, you walk up to the front to talk to the people at the door.

In case you are wondering, here is a live feed from a Dodge party.

That guy from your stats class you talked to one singular time is here? Welcome him in!

You may try to join a serious conversation that you realize you know nothing about. Don’t panic, you’ll make it through.

The beats are pumping, so break out your rad dance skills. Feel the music, BE the music.

Don’t forget to Snapchat the night’s festivities.

You talk to your crush and immediately report back to your friends.

Every once in awhile there’s going to be a bathroom you’re going to want to avoid.

Don’t stir the pot of drama. It’s a harder job than it looks.

If you find your crush talking to someone else, take a deep breath and look around. Have some fun for yourself. This is YOUR night!

Look out for your friends’ best interests as well.

Your friends say it’s time to leave, but you don’t want to go.

You’ve waited several minutes waiting for your Uber to pick you up and it’s hard to tell which one is Tim when there are 10 cars idly running in front of the house.

Note to self: Neighbors are still against expansion.

Finally back at home, you try to figure out just what exactly happened.

By the end of the night you’ll have everyone wondering: