etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Avoid The Beach At All Costs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Everyone assumes “spring” and “the beach” go hand in hand. This is wrong. Honestly, it’s really not hot enough yet, and even if it is a little warm, the beach breeze makes it even more cold. Trust me, I’m from Laguna Beach.

The crowds that swarm during the spring are ridiculous. I remember driving on PCH and wanting to cry because the traffic turns a five-minute drive into 30-minute one (wish I was exaggerating).

Also, don’t even get me started on the beach parking. You will absolutely not find a spot, and when you finally do, it’s even colder than it was an hour ago.

Once you finally find a place in the sand, you’re about five feet away from another family. You’re all packed like sardines.

I recommend going somewhere else in the spring. Maybe something far away from the beach and beach cities. For example, go to the mall and do some school shopping.

The umbrella you put in the sand because you thought it was hot will also be flying away with the wind; the beach breeze is intense. So as you chase your umbrella, running into what seems to be the whole world at the beach, remember I warned you not to go.

Even if the weather was perfect for the beach, it’s not worth going. The ocean is just a dirty body of water. No matter how much you try to clean the sand out of everywhere -and I mean actually EVERY PART OF YOUR BODY – it won’t work. A week later, you will still find sand in places sand shouldn’t be.

I’m also pretty sure that there are dangerous creatures that swim around in that water we let children play unattended in. There could be a shark that swims too close to the edge; no matter how impossible scientists may say it is, there are horror stories.

There’s also the issue of super strong waves. It’s really hard to fight against waves if you’re not strong enough. I don’t know about you, but I’m no body builder, so that wave is eating me for breakfast, lunch and dinner if it really wants to.

It’s just really not worth going to the beach in the spring (or honestly ever). Take it from me; it’s not that great at all. Stay home and watch Netflix, or online shop. Honestly, take this advice.