The Anatomy of Taylor Swift and Her Friends (And why a strong group of girlfriends is important!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Lately, it seems like Taylor Swift is best friends with every girl on this planet. (Talk about girl power, am I right!?) From model Karlie Kloss to the indie pop girls of Haim, Taylor Swift has recently cultivated a strong group of girlfriends to surround herself with. So here I present to you, the anatomy of Taylor Swift’s group of friends and the importance of having your own support system.

1. Karlie Kloss 

To say this has “friendship goals” written all over it is an understatement. Karlie and Taylor are the ultimate power friendship right now (have you seen their recent Vogue cover together?). They even have similar haircuts for crying out loud, and I have to admit whenever I see them on eachother’s Instagrams, I get ridiculously excited. From motivating eachother at the gym to being in the Victoria Secret Fashion Show together, they are always having a laugh and enjoying each other’s company. 

2. Haim

Haim and Taylor’s friendship has been a rather new one. However, they have already vacationed in Hawaii together and are even set to go on tour. Three of the coolest girls in the music industry are now best friends with Taylor Swift. Sounds like heaven to me! 

3. Lorde

Lorde and Taylor Swift were never people that I imagined to be friends, so when photos surfaced of them together, I was a bit interested. However, one year later and their friendship is going strong. I’ve now come to realize that their differences might be what makes the pair so special. Often photographed sitting together at award shows, Lorde and Taylor are always rooting for one another. 

4. Abigail Anderson

Best friends since high school, Taylor and Abigail give me hope that great friendships last. They are such great friends that Abigail was actually Taylor’s date to the Grammy Awards this past month. It is so refreshing to see a friendship grow stronger despite Taylor’s insane fame. They must have gone through a lot together in the last ten years, and I can only hope I will be able to have a friendship like theirs. 

5. Selena Gomez

It seems like Selena and Taylor have been friends forever. It also seems like they have gone through some rough patches in their friendship, which is completely normal for such close friends. They have been there for each other through countless boy problems, and there is nothing better than a friend that just gets stupid relationship issues. I think both Taylor and Selena know that they didn’t always make the best decisions, but in the end, they have each other’s back no matter what. 

You would never have thought that Taylor Swift would eventually be known for the girl with lots of girl friends. But, I actually think everyone can learn a thing or two from her friendships. Taylor’s days of serial dating seems to be over, and it is good to see her taking some time for herself and her gal pals. Also, I’d be lying if I said that I’m not bitter about Taylor Swift not inviting me to her birthday party this past December. Like hello, I want to party with Justin Timberlake and Sam Smith!