This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Photo: Adam Della Maggiora

Major: Theatre

Age: 21

Hometown: New York City, NY

Favorite blogs?

I find the internet fascinating but completely absurd. It sucks the human soul out of you, because you can’t actually smell, taste, or touch anything you’re looking at. When did we start going on Tumblr to look at pictures of other girls’ asses instead of just checking each other out?

When I need inspiration, I ride public transportation, watch Soul Train, or read magazines. Right now I’m super into Playboy.

How did you get started with both Orange Peeld and Bitches Be Gluten Free?

I have nothing in common with most ‘health food’ bloggers because I drink, curse, enjoy pork belly, and don’t have an eating disorder. I wanted to create something that contemporary women could actually relate to — an open place where we could simultaneously complain and try hard to make the best of our shitty situation.

As for PEEL*D, my dear friend Morgan, who is a real photographer, and I came up with the idea last summer over martinis and bowls of pasta. As the only New York City kids at Chapman, we’re obsessed with what it means to be ‘stuck in the suburbs,’ and how Orange County is literally dripping in secrets and scandal. We wanted to compliment that with the grit of 35mm film.

Photo: Morgan Young

Are you going to continue these blogs after college? What do you want to accomplish with your blogs?

I’ll stop at world domination. You think I’m kidding.

Favorite gluten-free meal?

“Favorite” and “gluten-free” in the same sentence? What a joke. My dying wish would be the ability to stomach a pound of General Tso’s chicken.

However, the homemade gluten-free bread at De Kas in Amsterdam was the best I’ve ever tasted — and not just thanks to the weed.

What inspires your photography; do you have a favorite shot from Orange Peeld?

In our filtered, Facetune-d, technological society, I like seeing sh*t that’s honest. Even if it’s just a picture of someone’s hands with their nails bitten and cuticles fraying — that can reveal so much about what they’re really like. That’s why I like shooting in film, because you can’t go back and edit that moment in time.

Morgan inspires me every single day, too. My favorite picture is one she took of this kid passed out on a couch, arguably hammered, next to a video game controller. Youth is totally wasted on the young.

What are your dreams after Chapman?

I always joke to my parents that I’m going to become a stripper so I can write a really kick-ass memoir. But if I develop a guilty conscience, I’ll just continue on my mission of fusing food, performance, and pop culture. I plan to sweep awards season, and accept my statues in a variety of grass-fed meat dresses.

www.bitchesbeglutenfree.com

http://orangepeeld.comAnd check out Morgan Young’s work: mayfairhouse.us