8 Reasons Why Your Girlfriends Are Your Real Soulmates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Boys come and go like seasons. There’s always so much talk about finding Prince Charming, but the real focus should be on the people who have been there all along: your girlfriends. These girls are your lifeline. They will love and support you through anything. Here are 8 reasons why your girlfriends are your real soulmates.

1. You know each other like the back of your own hand.

You just get each other. You could look at each other from across a room, and with one facial expression, know exactly what is going on. Your girlfriends know exactly what to say to cheer you up or to knock some sense into you. They understand you at a level that no one else does.

2. You crack each other up.

You can spend hours laughing hysterically, only to look back and have no idea what you were laughing about in the first place. These girls bring a level of joy to your life that not many other people can. 

3. You feel each other’s pain.

When something is wrong, your girlfriends know. They will be there for you with wine and ice cream in a matter of no time. There are no judgments with your girlfriends; you can take all the time you need to talk out whatever is bothering you. Your girlfriends are the best listeners, and they will be there to cuddle with you and love you.

4. You complement each other.

As similar as you are personality-wise, you and your girlfriends also have many differences. You have different career paths, different tastes in music, different wardrobes, and different hobbies. These differences only add color to your friendship. You can teach each other new things, borrow each other’s clothes, and show each other new worlds.

5. You can be crazy together.

If you and your girlfriends know how to do anything, you know how to have fun. Whether you’re being complete goofballs or absolute party animals, you always have an awesome time with these girls. You are forever grateful for the wild memories.

6. You can be mellow together.

Why lay in bed watching Netflix by yourself when you can do it with your girlfriends? You and your gal pals are ridiculously comfortable with each other, and you love that. For all the days when you are tired or moody, your girlfriends will be there.

7. You inspire each other.

Your girlfriends are bad*sses. They work hard in school, have awesome jobs, and are absolutely beautiful inside and out. They inspire you to become a better person every day. You thank the heavens every day for giving you such fabulous friends.

8. You love each other.

You and your girlfriends have seen it all: the tears, the drunkenness, the laughter, the failures, the successes and everything in between. With all of this, you wouldn’t give each other up for the world. These girls are your soulmates.