5 Photos to Restore Your Faith in Humanity

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

I’ve officially stopped watching the news. I read articles to educate myself about what’s happening in the world, I talk to people to hear different opinions on matters, but I refuse to actually sit down in front of a television set and watch the news. Why? Because every time I turn on the news, all I hear is one depressing story after the next; I see flashing images of theft, misdemeanor, war, anger, depression, anguish–nothing to brighten my day. Sometimes, it feels like there’s no such thing as “good news”.

But then, after hearing about everything that’s going wrong in the world, I catch a glimpse at what makes humanity beautiful. I see the human race doing good, being kind, virtuous, strong, empowering, and motivational. Positivity shines through, and not good, but great people emerge. The small acts these people do, however small, are what make my day, everyday.

If you haven’t seen humanity at its best yet, here are few pictures guaranteed to make your day:

Now it’s your turn. Help someone who needs it. Be strong for someone else. And make a small but bright difference.