5 New Year Resolutions We Can All Relate To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

New Years Eve is right around the corner, which means starting January 1st gyms will be overcrowded, whole foods will be packed with people, and book stores will start selling like crazy. These are just a few things that happen when we make those “New Years Resolutions.” Whether or not you have your own resolutions, here are a few that you will most definitely hear people say on December 31st.

1. “I’m going to start working out” or anything of that nature: Now we are all guilty of this. We all want to be that girl who works out five days a week who has those rock hard abs and a banging booty. Chances are every 1 in 2 girls you talk to will have this resolution.

2. “I’m going to eat healthier and stay away from fatty foods”: This is the one we all struggle with. This is when whole foods and other markets similar to it get an influx of people trying to start a new “healthier” lifestyle. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m all for the healthier lifestyle, but unless you truly have the willpower, those In-N-Out runs will slowly begin to taunt you.

3. “I’m going to start reading more and broaden my horizons”: Although this one may not seem as popular as the previous two, it is definitely up on the list. We’ve all seen those girls on Tumblr with their high socks, a coffee mug, and a book conveniently placed on their bed. The likelihood of hearing this resolution is about 1 in every 3-5 girls.

4. “I’m going to be smarter with the way I handle money” or anything similar to that: This one is definitely one of the top resolutions you will be hearing. We’re all guilty of spending money on sometimes-unnecessary things but truthfully, especially for us girls; it’s hard to resist a nice new pair of shoes.

5. “I’m going to work harder in school”: This is definitely a popular one within the college community. Every year we tell ourselves “I’m going to have the best year in school and get A’s in all my classes.” Unfortunately school is challenging and this resolution is tough to keep especially if you actually want to enjoy college.

Well ladies there you have it. Now, don’t let this stop you from making these positive lifestyle changes! If you have the drive, dedication and willpower go for it! Happy Holidays!