5 Must-See Documentaries You Can Watch Online

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

1. Life According To Sam

This HBO documentary (available through HBOgo) follows the story of Sam, a teenager living with Progeria, a disease that causes rapid aging. Both heartbreaking and inspiring, it’s a film you’ll be glad you watched.

2. There’s Something Wrong with Aunt Diane

An incredibly interesting and strange story about a car accident that occured in 2009. Available on HBOgo, it’s a film that will have you scratching your head by the end of it.

3. Miss Representation

This film (available on Netflix), explores the consequences of how women are portrayed in the media. An awarding winning documentary, it is both insightful and compelling.

4. Girl Rising

If you haven’t seen it already, Girl Rising is definitely one to add to your list. Filmmakers profile young girls from around the world to tell their stories. 

5. The Cheshire Murders

An inside look at the triple homicide that rocked a small town in Connecticut in 2007. Interesting, creepy, strange — a film that will keep you up at night with unanswered questions.

Danielle is a spoken word artist from Chicago and a nationally ranked slam poet who previously competed with the Los Angeles youth team. She has a strong fascination with sunflowers, a love for crows, and an addiction to tattoos.