This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

At Chapman, we are super lucky to be within such close proximity to Los Angeles. Whether it is for internships or just for a day of fun, LA has tons of things to offer us. Some of you may be Los Angeles connoisseurs, (like myself- born and raised!) but for others, LA may be a new world to explore. So take a day off from the weekend and spend a day visiting these five fun locations that are the epitome of Los Angeles:

1. Urth Caffe: Healthy food, gourmet coffee, and boba galore. This hip cafe located in West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, and Pasadena offers a variety of delicious food such as sandwiches, salads, pizza, and soups, while also selling one of a kind coffee and teas. Also on the menu is boba, a best-seller at this widely famous hot spot. If perhaps coffee or boba aren’t your cup of tea, Urth also makes great pressed juices and smoothies. 

2. The Grove: This is LA’s premium shopping experience. From Nordstrom to the newly popular Topshop, you can find just about anything you need. After you spend a day shopping, perhaps go grab a bite to eat at the Cheesecake Factory or my personal favorite, Umami Burger. If you feel like a day of shopping and dinner are just not enough, catch a movie at the movie theater located right in the certain of The Grove. Also, if you’re craving something sweet, Sprinkles Cupcakes is located right as you enter the parking structure. 

3. Alfred’s Coffee: Calling all coffee addicts! Alfred’s Coffee is located on Melrose Place, (right behind Melrose Ave) and it has the absolute cutest ambience. Coming to this gourmet coffee shop is an experience. Not only can you get coffee, tea, cold pressed juices, or a pastry, but sitting within or outside the quirky and rustic store provides the perfect location for relaxation or perhaps even some brainstorming. The overall feel of the store definitely gets your creative juices flowing while you sip on that delicious latte. 

4. Melrose Flea Market: Thrifty finds and a one-of-a-kind experience. Located at Fairfax High School, (on the corner of Fairfax and Melrose) this flea market is offered every Sunday and it is definitely something you do not want to miss while you are in the city. Not only can you find unique clothing and shoes, but you can also search for tapestries, posters, jewelry, and even old disposable photos. Many celebrities, such as Taylor Swift, have been spotted at the Melrose Flea Market in order to get their thrifted fix.

5. 3rd St Promenade: Located right next to the Santa Monica beaches, the 3rd St Promande is a great shopping destination. From popular stores like Urban Outfitters and Forever 21, the promenade has tons to offer. The best part? It is located two blocks from the beach and the Santa Monica Pier. Spending time in Santa Monica should be an entire day experience due to all of the awesome and quirky places you can go.