5 Foods At Disneyland You Probably Haven’t Tried

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

If you’re a student at Chapman, you probably have a Disneyland annual pass. If not, then you probably plan on visiting sometime during your four years at school here. If you’re a student at Chapman, you probably know all there is about Disneyland, or prehaps your Disney obsessed roommate who goes everyday after her 1PM Pyschology class has taught you everything you should. However, you probably haven’t heard it all- especially when it comes to the food. Here are five foods at Disneyland that you probably haven’t tried and should:

1. Beignets

What are they: Deep fried dough, shaped as Mickey Mouse and served in a bag of powdered sugar. (Yes, they taste what heaven feels like!).

Where can you buy them: The Mint Julep Bar in New Orleans Square. 

2. Clam Chowder in a Bread Bowl

What is it: As simple as its called- clam chowder in a bread bowl. (I find it even better than the one I have at Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco).

Where can you buy it: The Royal Street Veranda in New Orleans Square on the side of the Pirates of the Carribbean. 

3. Deep Fried Pickles

What is it: Pickles deep fried and served with different dipping sauces. 

Where can you buy it: The Carnation Cafe on Main Street. 

4. Character Caramel Apples

What is it: The typical caramel apple dressed up as your favorite Disney character from Mickey Mouse to Cinderella to Olaf from Frozen. (How do you not want an Olaf caramel apple?)

Where can you buy it: The Imporium on Main Street. 

5. Mint Julep 

What is it: A refreshing minty, lime iced drink topped with a cherry. The color of the drink is so pretty, sometimes I don’t even want to drink it!

Where can you buy it: The Mint Julep Bar in New Orleans Square.