5 DIYS To Create a More Natural Feeling Home Space

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you love DIYs. You’re crafty, creative and love to find new ways to spice things up without spending a fortune. Nature is definitely something I admire and want in my house next year so I’ve compiled some of my favorite DIYs to make any house super unique and fun! If you aren’t familiar with DIYs, basically it’s a “do it yourself” way to decorate, furnish and design. Even if you aren’t a super crafty person, DIYs are fun for everyone, especially when you work with your best friends! So here are a list of some of my favorites from Pinterest!

1.Pallet Bed Frames

I absolutely love pallet bed frames more than anything in this world. I think they are amazing and add so much extra pizzaz to any room. I’ll be doing this to my house next semester once I move out of the dorms. They’re fun, unique and create a super naturey feel for a room which I think is amazing. Putting the lights underneath are perfect for when the sun goes down and you just want to relax and listen to some music and smell your Anthropologie candles. These aren’t that hard to make, it might require some help from friends, but it’s a great project to do on a sunday afternoon when you’re just craving crafting.

2. Cinderblock Nightstands

Adding to an easy and nature oriented DIY, cinder block nightstands are super easy and super cool in any room. I mean come on, imagine walking into a room with a pallet bed frame and cinderblock nightstand? You would be amazed. The only requirements for these are to have someone strong help you carry the cinderblocks. These are super cheap and easily accessible at any home supply stores, such as Lowes or Home Depot. I can’t wait until I move out next semester and can post all about the adorable nature diys I made for my room!

3. Wood Storage/ Shelving

Such a cheap and fun way to add extra storage place to any room, bathroom or kitchen. I absolutely love the grocery idea. It’s such an easy way to spice up any living area. Clearly I love any DIY with wood and this is not only easy but can be done by one person. All you need are some wood, mason jars/baskets and simple tools. The perfect thing with this specic DIY is that it forces you to be healthier. I mean who wouldn’t want to eat healthy food from a storage this cute? And you’ll never want to run out so you’ll keep going and restocking this adorable wall unit each week from the Farmers Market!

4. Bathtub Caddy

I tend to be someone who easily gets stressed out since i put way too much on my plate at one time. Due to this, I need relaxation. I crave new ways to relax and find peace and balance within my life. One of my favorite ways to unwind is by taking a nice, hot bubble bath. I absolutely love using deliciously scented candles and reading my favorite book while in the bath. It’s a very personal time and it should make you feel more at home than anything else. These caddies are such a brilliant way to keep all your necessities close to you while relaxing. This way you don’t have to awkwardly reach out the tub to grab something you either put on the floor or the top of the toilet. They’re easy and add that naturey feel to your relaxation, connecting you even more to the Earth around you.

5. Wall Decor

The last thing I’m going to touch on this week is wall decor. It’s so easy to forget about decorating walls and leaving them blank and boring. I feel so bad for all the empty walls in this world. There are endless possibilities of things you can do to decorate your house, especially with wall decor. I personally love to make my wall decor since I feel more of a sense of achievement everytime I look up at my masterpiece. If you go on pinterest, there are a plethora of ideas for wall decor. Most wall decor is fairly simple to create! A super fun thing to do is to get all the girls living in the house with you and make matching wall decorations for each of your rooms!