5 (Cheap) Trips You Should Take Before You Graduate College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

“Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit.” – Frank Borman

For the wanderlusters with a slim wallet…

1. Amsterdam

Flights from the U.S. to Amsterdam are some of the cheapest flights to Europe, and once you actually get to Amsterdam, you will be surprised how far you can get on a strict budget. Amsterdam also has some of the best art and perhaps more importantly, night life in the world.

2. Puerto Rico

If you love Hawaii but hate the price, try Puerto Rico; it has some of the best beaches in the world, and as it is a U.S. territory, it’s great if you want to get away but still stay in the comfort of home. Side note: the drinking age is 18.

3. New Orleans

Not only do you get that “foreign feel” without even leaving the country, it is also ranked No. 2 most affordable North American destinations in the price of Travel’s Backpacker Index.

4. Bolivia

For those who love adventure, this relatively undeveloped country contains some of the most beautiful nature sides, affordable food and accommodation in the world.

5. Las Vegas

Not original but still very necessary and surprisingly much cheaper than you would think.