16 Ways to Tell You’re an Out-of-Stater

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

1. People are constantly making fun of the slang you use. 

2. You’re always a little bit in awe of the effortless style of SoCal residents. 

3. Just the parking lots at California malls rival the size of your entire mall back home. 

4. The thought of bringing everything back home for the summer is giving you anxiety. 

5. But you do feel pretty cool hopping off the plane at LAX with a dream and your cardigan. 

6. You’ve stopped asking people where they’re from and have started assuming they’re from “The Bay Area.”

7. You have basically no idea what this “Bay Area” place is besides the fact that it includes San Francisco.

8. It seems like out here, brand-name bags are actually attainable by women under the age of 75. 

9. The everyday outfit here consists of Lululemon leggings with a matching Michael Kors bag and watch. 

10. Trees don’t obstruct the view of everything within a 10 foot radius. 

11. This opens your eyes to some of the most beautiful sunsets you’ve ever seen.

11. There are NO MOSQUITOES.

12. Attempting to tackle the freeway is basically buying yourself a one way ticket into the Hunger Games of driving. 

13. You’ll strut around in a teeny bikini in the 50 degree weather while everyone else is bundled up in sweaters. 

14. You often find yourself staring out the window, upset about the lack of rainy days.

15. Dogs out here seem like they’ve stepped into a major shrinking machine. 

16. And it seems the winter cold hasn’t chilled the hearts of sunny Californians; you’re constantly surprised by how outgoing and friendly they are. 

SoCal girl with an unhealthy obsession for man buns.