15 Relatable Situations for Those Who Cry A Lot

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

We all have those days, the days when just about anything can bring you to tears. I’ve decided to compile a list of 15 reasons why someone who is hyper-emotional may be brought to tears on any average day. Hopefully, this list doesn’t make you cry…but if it does, just know I cried too.

1. When you realize you have an assignment due the next day, and you cry for a longer amount of time than it would’ve taken to do the work. 

2. When you cry thinking about a sappy commercial you saw the other day. 

3. When you see the sappy commercial. 

4. When you look at your bank account. It doesn’t matter if it’s full or almost empty–when you look, it’s water-works. 

5. When any of your close friends look pretty before going to an event, and you feel like a proud mother, so you ugly cry. 

6. When you’re sobbing through the last episode of the show you’re binge watching because you’ll have to start searching for a new show. 

7. When your sibling eats the last piece of food on the family-style platter, and you can’t say or do anything to bring the piece of food back, so you’re in tears. 

8. When you’re on your last pair of underwear so you begin to cry since you know that you’re going to have to do laundry. 

9. When you watch any sort of wedding proposal or happy moment on YouTube.   

10. When you look at the nutrition facts of the food at your favorite junk food chain, and you stress cry, because you don’t know if it’s okay for you to go there ever again, but you’re already in the car. 

11. When you go to get junk food anyway and proceed to realize everything you wanted to eat was in the Kid’s Meal, but you’re older than 10 and have no children. 

12. When you’re a picky eater in general and cry while looking at restaurant menus. They don’t seem to have anything appealing on them, yet your friends seem more than content. 

13. When you chose to stay in on a Friday night, then find yourself crying because you feel alone. 

14. Then, you go see any Pixar or Disney movie, and you tear up when the plot takes a turn for the worse… or the better… or anything happens in general. 

15. When you start to think about anything good or bad ever happening in your life, the lives of anyone you know, or the lives of any person to ever live on Earth. 

Sometimes a good cry is all you really need, you know?

Pyper Hayden is a freshman at Chapman University. She is a Creative Writing major from San Carlos, California. In her free time, she enjoys eating “good”* food, making people laugh, and performing. Pyper has been writing since high school, finding specific passions in genres including: horror, romance, and playwriting. She aspires to one day have her script(s) produced by a high-end theatre company. *“Good food” = pasta (she’s picky!)