15 Reasons Why Being A Disneyland Cast Member Is The Best Job In The World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

1. Free park admission.

You can try telling yourself that you don’t want free park admission to Disneyland (if that helps you sleep at night).

2. You’re one of the first to hear about park updates and new announcements.

Example A: STAR WARS LAND.

3. The backstage area of Disneyland is like its own little city.

Complete with restaurants, convenience stores, merchandise shops, a bank, and yes, its own Starbucks.

4. The backstage gift shops offer exclusive cast member merchandise.

Why yes, I do need this cast member sweatshirt and mug and sticker and car decal and key chain, just in case anyone forgets where I work.

5. It’s nice to appreciate all of the attractive guests that come into the park.

And, I mean, it’s Southern California. Just about everyone is attractive.

6. Discounts, discounts, discounts.

35% off. During the holidays, 40%. Need I say more?

7. The ability to secretly fangirl every night while watching the fireworks.

Is “Let it Go” overrated? Yes. Do I tear up every time it plays and the snow starts falling around the castle? Yes.

8It’s the perfect job for anyone going into public relations or communications.

Your people skills skyrocket once you begin working Guest Control shifts.

9. Your ability to handle conflict and confrontation improves immensely.

Say goodbye to the days of being a pushover. Now you’re comfortable saying no, but in a nice way.

10. You know all of the food, attractions, character meet and greet times, available fastpasses, etc. in the park, so you’ve created a solid strategy for when you visit the park to improve efficiency and avoid lines.

Never, under any circumstances, wait in the actual queue for Splash Mountain.

11. Each day offers the opportunity to work with some of the most passionate groups of people.

It’s one of the few jobs you can have where just about everyone is happy to be working.

12. Your worst day at work beats any dull desk job.

Yes, it can be a difficult job at times, and there will be days where nothing seems to go right. But it’s so worth it. 

13. You feel absolutely on top of the world when you make magic for a guest.

And the best part is: that opportunity presents itself every single day.

14. It’s an incredible feeling working in a place with a rich history and cultural significance.

15. There’s nothing quite like working for the place that Walt Disney deemed “The Happiest Place on Earth”.