jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

15 Fall Inspired Dates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Fall may not be the most apparent season in Southern California, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have fun with these fun, fall focused dates!

1. Pumpkin patch! Of course. What kind of fall date list would this be without the mention of a pumpkin patch? Cute pictures, hay, pumpkins… Sounds perfect. 

2. A haunted house. There are so many scary options in Southern California. Knott’s Scary Farm and Universal Fright Night are great, as well as local homemade haunted houses you can find on google! Rest your voice in preparation and be ready to scream and cling on to your date!

3. Pumpkin carving.  Make it a competition between you and your date! Take pictures of your finished product and post it on social media and ask your friends which one they think is better. Friendly competition is always good, especially if there’s a prize in the end for the winner.

4. Go to a drive-in movie. They are super fun and are a nice change of scenery from your living room or even the movie theaters. Be sure to make it a scary one so you can curl under the blanket and cuddle up to your date. Another great perk to drive in movies are the fact that you can bring in as much food as you would like.

5. Bonfire. Get a group date going on and bring tons of blankets to the beach for a bonfire for some yummy s’mores.

6. Disneyland. Seeing as how this is Chapman, there is a possibility of you and your date having a Disneyland pass. If this is the case, be sure to go and enjoy the beautiful decorations in order to get in the mood for fall. 

7. Attempt to bake a pie together. “Attempt” is the key word in this. Even if the finished product is not amazing be sure to have fun while baking it. Having a mini food fight can be a perfect ice breaker and will bring on a lot of giggles. If the pie is inedible, go out together for a slice of pie from a restaurant and laugh about the failure and the flour stuck in your hair. 

8. Movie marathon. Have a ghostbusters movie marathon with a box of Krispy Kreme donuts in order to celebrate the 30 year anniversary. 

9. Go costume shopping together. It initially sounds weird, but try on some goofy costumes and let the laughs ensue.

10. Play in fallen leaves! Oh wait.. Only if you can find them. Maybe give it another month.

11. Get a group of friends together to play flag football. Be sure your crush and you are on different teams so you can tackle them a bit.

12. Disneyland fireworks. Chill on the AF patio to get a private showing of the disneyland fireworks with some hot cocoa in tow.

13. Drive to Sprinkles Cupcakes (or some other dessert place) to try their seasonal pumpkin cupcake (or some other seasonal dessert), but don’t eat it quite yet. Drive down to the beach and bring a blanket to eat your delicious cupcake and get to know your date. Newport is a great place to go in the evening after 6 because the parking meters become free. Stroll down the boardwalk and watch the sunset!

14. Go on a hike. The weather is still nice, so take advantage of it when you can and enjoy some nature. Maybe you’ll find some leaves to play in seeing as how Chapman is lacking in that department at the moment.

15. Fall is the perfect time to go apple picking. Have a competition on who picks the prettiest and maybe even the funniest looking apple. Or even play a game of hide-and-seek in the trees. The opportunities are endless. 

Whatever you end up doing, be sure to have fun and enjoy this time of year! Rock your chic fall scarves and boots while doing so, of course.