13 Stages of Loving One Direction in College As Told By One Direction

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Whether you scream your love for them at the top of the mountains or you quietly hum along whenever you hear one of their songs in the student union, being a Directioner in college is a roller coaster. And trust me, you know the boys got your back on this one.

1. “Where should I put my poster in my dorm? Do I even bring it?”

You know you’re 1D AF, but do your roommates want other people to know that? (You probably ended up saying, “Screw it, I’m doing it anyway.”)

2. “I hope I find other Directioners here.”

This is your reaction when you find out your suitemate loves them as much as you do,

3. “If I tell people my boyfriend’s name is *insert your fave’s name here*…”

You’re mentally together, but you hope people don’t put two and two together when you say Niall, Liam, Louis, or Harry.

4. “When is the fastest possible time I can get their new album?”

Let’s be honest, you thought about getting it right after your 8 am class and before your 11 am class. And the Target Deluxe Edition, of course.

5. Forever getting asked by non-Directioners to explain the Zayn situation.

“So here’s what went down-” And then you attempt to bite your tongue the whole time.

6. The sheer mention of anything related to them

You may or may not dominate the conversation from here on out, but that’s totally okay.

7. Whenever a note change happens

YESSS BOYS SLAY!

8. Sitting in front of your TV for any performance that’s about to happen

…And then watching it 100 more times right after.

9. The constant twitter voting 

When the boys need your help in the slightest, you are not to be without your phone.

10. The very thought of being without them for a whole year

And the next thought: “How am I going to do college now?!”

11. Spending the day catching up on interviews

Their sense of humor is getting you through your homework and this is 100% acceptable.

12. Forever telling everyone to be silent or sing along when they’re on the radio

13. Being proud of the boys and knowing they deserve this break 

An album a year for the past five years, hundreds of shows and appearances, and dealing with our brand of crazy could not have been easy.

Here’s to you, boys. We’ll see you soon. <3