10 Soundtracks You Need to Hear Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

1. Perks of Being a Wallflower – Perfect for driving around with friends trying not to think too much about being an adult

2. 500 Days of Summer – Any soundtrack with The Smiths and Simon and Garfunkel is a must

3. Wild – Feel like being one with nature? Take a hike and get outside with this amazing soundtrack.

4. Secret Life of Walter Mitty – Coupled with the stunning landscapes of Iceland, this soundtrack will make you wanderlust 

5. Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist – If you ever feel like roaming the streets to a really good playlist this is it. 

6. About Alex – Based off the classic 80’s movie The Big Chill, About Alex follows in its tradition of having a great soundtrack representing a whole generation

7. Whip It! – Set in Texas you know the music has to be good, a mix of punk and rock this soundtrack can pump you up or slow things down. 

8. The Big Chill – A movie that is said to define a generation it also has a soundtrack that defines it too. Great throwbacks with Smokey Robinson and The Rascals.

9. The Royal Tenenbaums – Wes Anderson does it again picking the best songs to go with his beautiful shots. Gwenyth Paltrow’s exit off the bus wouldn’t be the same without Nico’s These Days.

10. Almost Famous – And of course the one and only Almost Famous. Who doesn’t want to burst out and join the band in their rendition of Tiny Dancer on the bus?