This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Yes, it is time to start choosing a halloween costume! Finding a Halloween costume is easier than you think. Looking at your favorite books, TV shows, celebrities and movies always helps! Feel free to take your own spin and add your own fashion sense to any of these costume ideas. 

Unique and Fun Ideas

1. Mean Girls

Get a group of your girls together and have the meanest costumes on campus! Mean girls is a classic movie and an easy costume to put together. 

2. Khaleesi from Game of Thrones 

There are many different looks you could try to recreate, pick your favorite!

3. Hannah Montana or Miley Cyrus 

Hannah Montana has the cowgirl look down, while Miley Cyrus has the edgey and out-there look. Miley Cyrus is all over the internet nowadays and has hundreds of ionic looks. You and a friend could even do Miley Cyrus vs. Hannah Montana.  

Popular but Classic Ideas 

4. Superhero 

Superheroes are extremely popular, and there are plenty to choose from.

5. Disney Princess

What girl doesn’t love dressing up as a princess? Choose one from your favorite movie!

6. Cat

Dressing up as a cat is one of the most popular costumes. It is so easy; all you need are some cat ears and a blak dress. 

Costumes more Relevant to 2015 

7. Chanel from Scream Queens

Very relevant and new to 2015! Wear anything quilted or pastel with pearls. 

8. Stella from Orange is the New Black

Wear a brown prison jumpsuit and as many fake tattoos as possible.

9. Pitch Perfect

Dress as anyone of the girls from pitch perfect or get a group together and recreate one of your favorite group looks. 

10. Minions

Minions are super cute and great to do with groups of friends!