The Ultimate Snow Day To-Do List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

As you probably noticed, last week Chapel Hill was under the Snowpocalypse of 2015. While we love the snow and all the joy it brings, the main thing that was on college students’ minds was “NO SCHOOL!” For your enjoyment, here is the ultimate list of snow day activities!

1. Play In the Snow

This one is just a given. Once the snow starts coming down, grab some friends and take a stroll around campus. It’s no lie our campus is beautiful, but it’s even better when it snows. Go to the Quad and have a snowball fight, build a snowman and go take a picture at the Old Well. Trust me, you’ll be glad you did.

2. Make Snow Cream

Okay, if you don’t know what snow cream is, then you definitely have to try it. It’s amazing! You’ll need: a bowl full of snow, sugar, vanilla extract and milkthen, voila! You have a yummy treat to eat while you watch the rest of the snow fall.

3. Wear Comfy Clothes

Once you get back inside, take off your wet clothes and change into something comfy (and warm). Fuzzy socks, pajama bottom and a UNC Snuggie are all good options.

4. Drink Hot Chocolate

While you’re snuggled up in comfortable clothes, why not make some Swiss Miss hot chocolate too? Heat up some milk in the microwave to make it extra tasty and then top it off with some mini marshmallows.

5. Watch Snow Day

Complete your snow adventure by getting a group of friends together to watch one of the greatest snow day movies of all time. This 00’s classic is the best way to wrap up your day. And who doesn’t love young Josh Peck?

If you missed it this time, keep this list handy for the next time temperatures decide to drop below 32 degrees!

Kelsie Gibson

Chapel Hill

Kelsie Gibson is a senior Communication Studies major at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She is from Kannapolis, NC. She is a member of Phi Beta Chi sorority. She loves to sing, act, write, and spend time with family and friends.