This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

In the words of my journalism professor on the last day of classes, last semester – “I’m sad, y’all.”

I want to be at Carolina, go to class in person and be with my friends, and I don’t want to talk in a Zoom personal meeting room.  

Music has always been something I’ve loved, since I was young. It is story-telling in way, and many artists are great writers. A great song has always made me feel better when I’m down.

Therefore, I put together the best playlist, in my opinion, for this nationwide self-quarantine. It has throwbacks, positive mood boosters, a diverse selection of slow and fast songs and different genres, and I will continue to add to it throughout my time at home. 

It’s on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1gh4M20vzbY5iMznGIMepr?si=0638J5S6SJWO…

I did also throw in some underrated songs for you to love or hate; you can always skip.

If I forgot something, please tweet me and call me out.​​

Here are some songs on the playlist:

Sunday Best by Surfaces

Sunflower, Vol. 6 by Harry Styles

Classic by MKTO

IDGAF by Dua Lipa

Castle on the Hill by Ed Sheeran

Lip Gloss by Lil Mama

Plain Jane REMIX by A$AP Ferg, Nicki Minaj

Say My Name by Destiny’s Child

Lucid Dreams by Juice WRLD

I Might Need Security by Chance the Rapper

Stand Tall by Dirty Heads

Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison

It’s almost impossible to go through a conversation without talking about COVID-19, but it is important to look forward.

Listen to some music, meditate, FaceTime a friend and don’t focus on what you can’t change.

Jackie Sizing

Chapel Hill '21

Hello! My name is Jackie Sizing, and I am a junior at UNC-Chapel Hill. I enjoy writing about pop culture, lifestyle, and food!