This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Now that mid-term season is approaching us and the semester is in full swing, you might be just a tad stressed. If so, these TV shows will be your balm for the next couple weeks.

One Tree Hill

One Tree Hill is an all-time favorite TV show of mine. While I won’t get on my soapbox about the best seasons and couples here, it’s definitely a show to get lost in. Set in a North Carolina town (it was filmed in Wilmington!) the show raises high-school drama to new heights. Allow yourself to get invested in these characters, and all of their many problems will make you forget your own.

High School Musical: The Musical: The Series

I’ve already talked extensively about why High School Musical: The Musical: The Series is a great show for college studients. Just trust me on this! The 10-episode first season flows by quickly, and it’s the perfect show to watch in a handful of days. Self-aware, the show is a perfect blend of both nostalgia and new that will make you sing along and dance your stressors away.

Total Drama Island

Want to travel back to a simpler time? Total Drama Island can do that for you. The Cartoon Network show is laugh out loud bizzare, as teens sign up for a Survivor-esque TV show, only to make enemies, fall in love and encounter some mutated animals. This blast from the past will transport you to a time when midterms, essays, theses and COVID-19 didn’t exist to you.

The Great British Bake Off

When you’re off the walls stressed out, turn on The Great British Bake Off. Nothing will calm you down like British people judging each others’ baking. Who knew that pie crust or biscuits could be so interesting and hold such emotional depth. Tune in for the baking, stay for the tranquil setting that will put you at ease.

Whenever you feel that stress is taking over your life, take a break and dedicate time to yourself. Take a break, whether that be watching the TV shows mentioned above, reading or meditating. Make sure to put yourself first!

Gennifer Eccles is an alumna at UNC Chapel Hill and the co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Chapel Hill. She studied English and Women & Gender Studies. Her dream job is to work at as an editor for a publishing house, where she can bring her two majors together to help publish diverse, authentic and angst-ridden romance novels.