Spring Fashion: The Carolina Way

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

It’s no lie that Carolina girls really are the best in the world — especially when it comes to fashion! Now that we’ve all seen the best spring trends, fresh off the runway, it’s time to translate those into looks we can wear around Chapel Hill. The best part? All you have to do is head down to Uniquities (on West Franklin Street) to pick up these stellar spring must-haves!

Look No. 1: The Maxi
The maxi dress is back and hotter than ever before, and you don’t even need to be 5’8’’ to wear this floor-sweeping look.  Go for a pattern or opt for a simpler look (as shown here), but don’t forget to pair it with an eye-catching necklace, a rockin’ pair of wedges and a chic (and versatile) clutch.

The Pieces
Dress: Design History
Necklace: Yochi (www.maxandchloe.com)
Shoes: Diane von Furstenberg (www.dvf.com)
Clutch: Urban Expressions (www.urbanexpressions.net)

Look No. 2: Casual Strapless Dress
A cotton strapless dress (pockets add an extra touch) takes you straight from a day in class to a night on Franklin Street. Add a bold, statement necklace, slip on lots of bangles and step into an adorable pair of wedges to elongate your legs.

The Pieces:
Dress: Susana Monaco (www.susanamonaco.com)
Shoes: Steve Madden (www.stevemadden.com)
Jewelry: Uniquities Brand (www.uniquities.com)

Look No. 3: Sheer Tank with Denim Shorts
This light, fun and sheer tank top can be worn with a bra or a nude tank underneath. Match it with a pair of denim shorts, cute sandals and lots of gold-accented jewelry for the perfect lazy afternoon look.

The Pieces:
Tank: Patterson J. Kincaid (www.pattersonkincaid.com)
Denim Shorts: Genetic Denim (www.geneticdenim.com)
Sandals: Havaianas (www.havaianas.com)
Jewelry: Uniquities Brand

Look No. 4: White Denim & Oversized Glasses
Sure, white is all the rage this spring, but don’t be afraid to pair it with some color that pops! Whether you wear them skinny, boot cut or cropped, grab yourself a pair of this popular denim trend. Spice it up with a bright tank, a floral scarf and casual sandals, and top the whole outfit off with a pair of oversized sunglasses. (Extra points if they’re colorful!)

The Pieces:
Denim: Citizens of Humanity (www.citizensofhumanity.com)
Tank: Diane von Furstenberg
Sandals: Sam Edelman (www.samedelman.com)
Sunglasses: House of Harlow
Scarf and Jewelry: Uniquities Brand

No matter which look you pick, have fun with your style! Don’t forget to add polished jewelry and sassy accessories to every outfit you choose, and always try to put together an ensemble that can adapt to any situation. “Being flexible, having something to wear from day to night is important,” says Betsy Carter, store manager at Uniquities.

So get out there and rock these hot spring looks to make sure Carolina girls stay the best in the world!

Sophomore, PR major at UNC