Six Twitter Accounts You Should Follow RIGHT NOW

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

This article goes out to those readers new to the Twitterverse. Just kidding, I don’t know anyone who doesn’t have a twitter. (Except for my older sister, get on that Kate!). But since my fellow writer Jasmine Martin already gave us the low down on twitter etiquette, I’m here to aid in the improvement of your news feed. So, without further ado, here are the top six Twitters you should follow and why:

1. Muggle Hustle

Anyone who has spoken to me in the past two month know how obsessed I am with Muggle Hustle right now. Muggle Hustle is run by a twenty-something Texas dude who is reading the Harry Potter series for the first time. Not only is it great being able to re-live the experience of reading the books (he’s on Book 6 right now) but also he is absolutely hilarious. I literally laugh every time I read his feed. Don’t want to scroll all the way back to Book 1? No problem, he has a website. Literally, some fan made him a web page and compiled his tweets based on what book they’re from. Check it out on www.mugglehustle.com. Bonus: When he finished the books, I’m pretty sure he plans on live-tweeting the movies.

2. Cute Emergency

OK this Twitter really needs no introduction or explanation. Basically, it just bombards you with pictures of adorable baby animals doing cute things and loving each other. It’s just a nice pick me up in your News Feed and definitely worth the follow. Also, I imagine that it’s run by the Rainbow chick from Mean Girls.

3. Tween Hobo

Angsty hobo life—what could be more entertaining? But seriously, without Teen Hobo how else would I understand the trials and tribulations of learning to grow your own food, surviving in the wilderness and anything else troubling the mind of a young tween runaway? Plus, I really love getting to hear about her BFF’s Stumptown Jim and Tin Cap Earl.

4. Your Away Message

This twitter reminds us all of how (not) cool we were in middle school. Whatever genius runs this page tweets constantly as if writing an AIM away message circa 2001. From song lyrics, to heavy use of asterisks, to l33t speak, this twitter has it all. Sometimes, it even scares me because I think, “Wow, I totally used to make away messages like that.” But then I realize, I can’t be the only one who thought adding %n was a cool trick. Right?

5. Prince Charles

This twitter is founded on the principle that replacing the word “you” with the word “one,” instantly makes things ten times funnier. Coupled with the constant references to outlandish spending, the magic that is Kate Middleton, future takeovers of various countries, and Camilla’s wacky antics, this twitter is a gold mine of royal hilarity.

6. Megan Amram

Ok I don’t know who this is or how I got to her page, all I know is that once I clicked “Follow” I never looked back. I don’t even know how to describe her tweets other than saying that if someone who knew nothing about the world or how it actually works just decided to comment on everything and anything, this would be their twitter. It’s borderline gross and borderline offensive, but it’s also so wonderfully ridiculous.

And there you have it. Follow away, readers! And while you’re at it, check out these other notable contenders:

Note: All photos taken from twitter.com

Melissa Paniagua is a senior journalism major at The University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, specializing in public relations. She is currently a fashion market intern at ELLE Magazine. On campus, Melissa acts as the Her Campus president as well as the vice president of the Carolina Association of Future Magazine Editors, UNC’s Ed2010 chapter. In the past, she has been an intern for Southern Weddings Magazine and a contributing writer for Her Campus. Melissa has an appreciation for all things innovative, artful and well designed and hopes to work in marketing for a women’s lifestyle magazine in the future!