This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Four years ago, my life was much different. I was finishing up college applications, partaking in the “lasts” of my high school years and spending as much time as possible with my friends and family.

Now, it’s four years later, and I’m taking part in the lasts of my college years. It’s admittedly much more stressful than senior year of high school, what with the looming due dates of graduate school applications and pulling all-nighters for midterms and upcoming final exams. It’s challenged me both academically and mentally, and it hasn’t always been easy.

That being said, senioritis is STILL a thing in college. At least, it’s something I’m experiencing, even with my workload. With the responsibility of 18 credit hours, grad school applications, clubs, and a sorority, all I really want to do is laze about and sleep. Dealing with senioritis isn’t easy, but here are three things that I try to do to make it a little easier:

Stay Organized

Keeping a planner has been a necessity for me throughout all of college, but especially during my final year. Time management and using my planner helps me manage all of my obligations—not just for academics but allotting time for friends too.

Stay Healthy

Eating healthy, exercising and getting an adequate amount of sleep are so important in college and are easily neglected during senior year. Taking care of yourself helps you mentally prepare and stay on track for whatever your final year throws at you.

Stay Motivated

Transitioning from college to whatever your post-grad plans are—whether it be graduate school or the workforce—will be tough. Senioritis can really get in the way of staying prepared, so reminding yourself of your goals is important. Finishing undergrad while giving it your all is vital to starting your post-grad life with your best foot forward.

Graduation seems far away, but the rest of senior year is dwindling. It’s time to make the most of the time we have left, so let’s make sure to end it with a bang.

Emmy Barcelona

Chapel Hill '19

A senior at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Emmy is majoring in English and Psychology.