Outfit Envy of the Month: Kai Lewis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Kai’s eclectic look seamlessly blends heterogeneous materials to create a truly inimitable style. From her “Grease”-esque leather jacket to her sweetheart Dalmatian flats, Kai models her sundry tastes in fashion. The sophomore B-schooler stopped for a light-hearted chat with Her Campus during a much-needed respite at Wendy’s.

When prompted to discuss her style, Lewis admits that she doesn’t tend to follow trends or the normative “heels on The Hill” attitude assumed by other women on campus. “I kind of do my own thing. I definitely like to be relaxed. Like, I’m not really into heels all the time and stuff like that. I like to feel comfortable and mix and match for color.”

When asked about her outfit, Lewis shared her style expertise with HC. “Today I’m wearing a band T-shirt. And it’s Beatles. I love the Beatles. Pretty cool. Jean shirt. Blue. Black leather jacket – actually got it for Christmas so it’s exciting. Um, these shoes are from the Gap. I like them because they stand out.”

Get Kai’s look with these must-have items!

100% genuine leather black leather jacket – Etsy.com, $99.00

The Beatles Blue Album T-Shirt – Customizable at Redbubble.com, $22.44

Long-Sleeve Denim Shirt – JCPenney.com, $25.00

Levi’s Jeans, Skinny Leg, Black Ink Wash – DrJays.com, $25.99

Printed pointy flats – Gap.com, $49.95

Jaleesa Jones

Chapel Hill

Jaleesa Jones is a senior at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She is a communication studies major with double minors in journalism and screenwriting. She is president and co-campus correspondent of the UNC chapter of Her Campus, a Collegiate Correspondent for USA TODAY and a member of the Carolina Association of Future Magazine Editors, Carolina Association of Black Journalists, National Association of Black Journalists and National Association of Hispanic Journalists. Jaleesa loves covering lifestyle, race, feminism and the arts. In her spare time, she enjoys confusing her roommate with alternating sessions of Juicy J and Taylor Swift, imagining her Ramen was pasta, and binge-watching movies - because TV series are so '90s. 
Melissa Paniagua is a senior journalism major at The University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, specializing in public relations. She is currently a fashion market intern at ELLE Magazine. On campus, Melissa acts as the Her Campus president as well as the vice president of the Carolina Association of Future Magazine Editors, UNC’s Ed2010 chapter. In the past, she has been an intern for Southern Weddings Magazine and a contributing writer for Her Campus. Melissa has an appreciation for all things innovative, artful and well designed and hopes to work in marketing for a women’s lifestyle magazine in the future!