The Lalaassorted Nail Polish
The Lalaassorted Nail Polish
Her Campus Media
Style

Nail Designs to Get You Ready for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Fall is upon us but with the heat, it doesn’t feel like it. I’m dying to wear jeans, sweaters and scarves but I anticipate the warm weather is going to be here longer than most would like. There are a few things you can start wearing now to help get in the mood, my favorite being nail polish! Here are some nail designs to get you ready for fall!

Burgundy with a Gold French Tip

I love simple nail designs and this burgundy and gold french tip is easy yet so gorgeous! You can even try out different color combinations or throw a matte topcoat on the burgundy before layering the gold.

Brown, Orange and Glitter

Before seeing this design, I wasn’t a huge fan of dark brown nail polish. However, this color combination of brown, orange and the orange glitter accent nail really screams fall! This feels like a design I’ll wear in October, but in terms of getting me in the mood for fall in September, it definitely does its job!

Nude and Plaid

I love a good nude nail, even more so when it’s matte! This is a subtle look, but the plaid makes it pop. While the plaid may look daunting to DIY, all it takes is a good tiny brush (or toothpick/needle), some time and patience! 

Glitter, Plaid, Orange and Brown

This design mixes the accent nails from the two previous designs to make this fun set. I like how the brown was accentuated by the glitter and did well with making the brown in the plaid stand out more! The orange looks a little red at the bottom — perhaps there is some ombre going on? It’s a possibility you can make a reality when you try this yourself!

Burgundy and White Pumpkins

Our final look has a fall staple — a pumpkin! This takes a little more skill to pull off on your own, but a dotting tool or the eraser end of a pencil would help a lot! The glitter on this one is really cute and helps to make the design come to life.

These are just a few nail designs that exude fall energy, which is very much needed with the way the heat has been lately. Fall clothes will have to wait but you can rock these nails anytime!

Paige Pennebaker

Chapel Hill '21

Paige Pennebaker is an aspiring writer who attends UNC-Chapel Hill as a Senior during the day. She enjoys writing fiction and has been published on shortfictionbreak.com. While fiction is where her heart is, Paige also has a lot to say about the real world and how to get by.