This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Warning! Spoilers for Clare Crawley’s season of The Bachelorette ahead. 

Clare Crawley. What can I say? Yosef “expected more from the oldest bachelorette,” but I am not sure that I did. After watching the blowup with Juan Pablo, I knew that Clare was going to be very dramatic this season. It was obvious after night one that Dale Moss was a frontrunner for Clare’s heart. The producers have clearly manipulated the season to make Clare and Dale seem like the villains, which is unprecedented in The Bachelor franchise, but it’s not entirely unexpected.

Clare and Dale’s relationship would usually be gold for the show, but the producers used their whirlwind romance as a marketing gimmick to promote a new Bachelorette: Tayshia Adams. I am literally so happy that they are bringing Tayshia in to take over for Clare as the bachelorette. After her debut on Colton’s season, I was a fan, but on Bachelor in Paradise, her relationship with John Paul Jones made her one of my favorite cast members.

But, back to Clare, I guess. Her dates are too serious in my opinion. The dates at the beginning of the season are usually carefree and fun so the lead can get to know the contenders, but Clare has been making her one-on-one dates really intense. For example, Clare made Jason write down every single insecurity that he had about himself on a stone tablet and share it with her. Way too intense for me. On top of that, Clare is making it very clear that she wants to be with Dale and has not been paying any attention to the other men that are there for her. The men are getting fed up with Clare, and it is leading us toward a new and youthful season with Tayshia. 

I am excited to see what the rest of this season has to offer, and I somewhat believe Chris Harrison when he says that this is going to be the “most dramatic season yet” — there’s a first time for everything. 

Emily Murray

Chapel Hill '22

Emily Murray is a junior at UNC, double majoring in Biology and English. She loves reading and writing poetry. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter at @emilyrmurray1.