My Campus Celebrity: Donte Moss

With UNC basketball over for the season and exams upon us, what is on everyone’s mind? Summer, work, vacation? Well, this week’s Campus Celebrity, Donte Moss, is thinking about summer practices and prepping for football season. Nothing brings in the school year like Kenan Stadium filled with screaming students covered in Carolina blue. Next time you’re cheering on the Tar Heels or see Donte leaving practice, make sure to say hey to number 98!

HC: Why did you originally choose to come to UNC-Chapel Hill?
Moss: I originally chose UNC because I felt the coaches wanted more from me then just being a football player.

HC: What’s your favorite part about being a UNC athlete?
Moss: The best thing about being a UNC athlete is no matter where you go, you will always have support. UNC fans are everywhere.

HC:What’s your position and jersey number?
Moss: I’m a defensive end, number 98.

HC: What are your future post-graduation plans?
Moss: I will be in the NFL. I’ll also be starting my own afterschool organization for youth.

HC: If you could play for any team in the NFL who would it be and why?
Moss: Miami Dolphins, because of the year round good weather – and there’s no property tax when you buy a house.

HC: If you could tell future athletes one thing what would you tell them?
Moss: I would tell them never quit and don’t let anybody tell you that you can’t do it.

HC: What is the most important thing you’ve learned so far at UNC?
Moss: The most important thing I learned is time management. Due dates are always closer then they appear so I’ve learned how to manage my time and make sure I’m organized.

Photos from:
www.carolinamarch.com
www.newsandobserver.com