My Campus Celebrity: Bryn Renner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Football season is now in full swing and if you’ve been living anywhere outside of under a rock you know this year is all about ushering in the Fedora era. There have been some major changes throughout our football program and there’s probably nobody that knows that better than starting quarterback Bryn Renner. In case you missed it last year, we thought there was no better way to kick off the season that to revisit the QBs time as Campus Celebrity and take a moment to separate him from the crowd of mass produced jumpsuits and the parade of mopeds and find out a little bit about who he is off the field.

**Original interview published October 2011**

HC: What is your hometown?
Bryn: West Springfield, Va.

HC: What’s the reason you chose UNC?
Bryn: I would have to say the coaching staff, along with the academics of the university. I originally played baseball and football before I decided to just focus on football.

HC: Do you have an idol, or anyone that you really look up to?
Bryn: (Without hesitation) I’d have to say my dad. He was my high school coach and he’s just really always been there for me.

HC:
Alright, so tell me one thing about yourself that we would never know about you?
Bryn: Well I like to play video games. I like FIFA a lot. Oh and I always have to eat a bowl of cereal before I go to bed.

HC: What has been the biggest obstacle you’ve faced in your time here at UNC?
Bryn: Basically just the responsibilities of being a student athlete. It’s like a job, the time management is probably the most difficult.

HC: What’s your favorite movie?
Bryn: (Having a difficult time deciding on just one) The Lion King, The Sand Lot, Friday Night Lights or She’s Out of My League

HC: What do you do for fun?
Bryn: I do a lot of random things, really. I like to play video games a lot, and I have a dog, Robo-cop, who I like to play with. I also like paintballing, playing laser tag or fishing with my roommates–just a lot of random stuff.

HC: What has been your favorite part about Chapel Hill?
Bryn: The people here are always really nice. They’re just always willing to help you out.

HC: What are your favorite quality or qualities in a girl?
Bryn: I’d say she really just has to be easy to talk to and nice.

HC: So what qualities do you really dislike?
Bryn: (A little intimidated that he might find himself in trouble with the ladies; he reluctantly gives in) Well she can’t be a drama queen or high maintenance.

HC: Okay so I have heard you like Justin Bieber. Do you have a favorite song?
Bryn: You have to have seen the movie (the ”Justin Bieber: Never Say Never” movie); it just changes things. I just really like his music, but my favorite songs are “Born to be Somebody” or “Never Say Never.” I don’t know; they’re all good.

Photos:
1: Collegefootballgirl.com, http://www.thecollegefootballgirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/UNC-QB-Bryn-Renner-e1309991980294.jpg
2: WRAL sports fan, http://wwwcache.wralsportsfan.com  
3: CSTV, http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/unc/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/6820645.jpeg

Sophomore, PR major at UNC