This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Hey, everyone! As the editor-in-chief of Her Campus at Chapel Hill, I’m loving this new series in which our readers (you!) get to meet our team. This week, you’re meeting Mary, our Marketing and Publicity Director! Mary has been a steadfast member of Her Campus at Chapel Hill, and she is a cornerstone of our social media team! She is also our Marketing and Publicity Director, and we couldn’t run this site or our social media accounts without her. Mary is a senior at UNC-CH and hails from Charlotte. These four years, she’s been majoring in Media and Journalism with a focus in Public Relations and minoring in both Communications and Women and Gender Studies. Enjoy getting to know Mary! 

Why did Her Campus appeal to you?

Her Campus appealed to me because of its focus on women and feminism. I loved the idea of working for a magazine with values that resonated with me. Additionally, it was a great opportunity to gain experience in social media and marketing.

What is your dream job/career path?

I am passionate about public relations and marketing, and I hope to make a career working in those fields.

What’s something that everyone should know about you?

I love all things Carolina Panthers.

You only have one birthday present. What do you want? (not money!)

Either shoes or a purse!

What is your perfect day like?

Shopping in New York City and eating delicious food.

What are your hobbies?

Watching Keeping Up with the Kardashians and sending memes to my friends.

What are you most excited to do with Her Campus this year?

Spread the word to more students through the power of marketing and social media.
Gennifer Eccles is an alumna at UNC Chapel Hill and the co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Chapel Hill. She studied English and Women & Gender Studies. Her dream job is to work at as an editor for a publishing house, where she can bring her two majors together to help publish diverse, authentic and angst-ridden romance novels.