pjoyo Madi Prenticejpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pjoyo Madi Prenticejpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Madison Prentice

Meet the Team: Madison Prentice

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Hey everyone! As the editor-in-chief of Her Campus at Chapel Hill, I’m thrilled to introduce you to one of our chapter’s newest members, Madison Prentice! Madi is a first-year at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She’s from Cary, North Carolina (literally five miles away from my hometown!!), and she is majoring in Advertising and Public Relations. You might also see her studying Spanish, since she’s thinking of minoring in that as well! You’ve already read some of her work last week, and she’s doing stuff behind the scenes as a graphic designer. Here’s a little introduction to our new addition! HCXO, Genni!

Why did Her Campus appeal to you?

I wanted to join the Her Campus team because it gave me an opportunity to apply my love for both writing and design.

What is your dream job/career path?

Like a lot of freshman (and honestly, probably a lot of upperclassmen too), I don’t really know exactly what I’d like my career path to be. I hope to work either in public relations or law.

What’s something that everyone should know about you?

I love animals! Growing up, I was always surrounded by animals, whether it was a family pet or a foster dog, so animals have always been an important part of my life. I have a one-year-old chocolate lab puppy named Finnegan, who I love and miss very much.

You only have one birthday present. What do you want? (not money!)

A nice dinner out with my family and friends!

What are three movies that describe your life?

Booksmart, The Breakfast Club, and Ocean’s 8

What is your perfect day like?

Sleeping in late, getting a good workout in and then spending the rest of the day relaxing and watching Criminal Minds.

What are your hobbies?

Drawing, running, listening to music and scuba diving.

What is your weirdest talent?

Having a very extensive knowledge of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

What are you most excited to do with Her Campus this year?

I’m excited to work alongside a team of incredibly talented and inspiring women!

Madison Prentice

Chapel Hill '23

Madison is a first-year from Cary, North Carolina. She's an Advertising & Public Relations major with a minor in Spanish for Business. You can find her on Instagram at @mcprentice or on Twitter at @mcprentice8.