Matthew Zachary ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Name: Matthew Zachary
Hometown: Yadkinville, N.C.
Year: Junior
Major: Communications

Sorry, ladies, this week’s Campus Cutie isn’t on the market.  He did, however, share a few insightful tips.  Look for him cheering at sporting events or taking pizza orders at Brixx Pizza.  If you can’t find him there, chances are he’ll catch you on campus one day.

What’s your role on campus?  I am a Comm. Major focusing in media production, but I’m looking into other things like computer science, accounting or even marketing.  Other than that, I play a variety of intramural sports, with my favorite being basketball, of course. 

Do you have a job?  I’m a server at Brixx Pizza in Meadowmont Village.  Working takes up a lot of time on the weekends and keeps me from being too dedicated to other stuff outside of school.

Favorite place to eat on Franklin Street?   Qdoba, by far, especially early in the a.m. on certain nights when I’m out.

What do you love best about UNC-Chapel Hill?  The school spirit and the pride we show.  Growing up in a family full of born-and-bred Tar Heels, my brothers and I were all expected to come here.

What do you look for in a girl?  One thing that catches my eye is a girl who can make me laugh.  I laugh about everything, so a girl’s sense of humor is key.  A little competition never hurts, either.  I’m down for a girl who enjoys games and sports.

Matthew with HC UNC President, Kelsey

Describe an ideal date.  I’m typically the adventurous guy, although I do enjoy the cliché dinner and movie nights.  I’m basically up for anything. Roadtrips, concerts, whatever.

YoPo/Coldstone flavor?  Coldstone’s famous ‘Cheesecake Fantasy.’

Where do you hangout when you’re not studying?  In the gym playing basketball or hanging out in my apartment.

Sophomore, PR major at UNC