Kyle Sebastian ‘13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Name: Kyle Sebastian
Hometown: Raleigh, N.C.
Year: Class of 2013
Major: Chemistry, Math majors
Favorite Coldstone/Yopo flavor: OREO
Favorite study spot: An RA, Kyle usually studies in his room, so his residents can pop in and out.
Fun Fact: Kyle ran a marathon his senior year of high school, and he has run two half-marathons in the past two years.
Motto: Hakuna Matata

Kyle Sebastian is what my mother would call a “good boy.”

He is not a good boy in the sense that he excels in school or sports, though he does those things, too. Kyle is a good boy because he is a genuinely caring and thoughtful human being. And, when he smiles, you want to smile, too.

“My favorite bible verse is from 1 Corinthians 16:14. ‘Do everything in love,’” Kyle says. “I take that to mean love everyone around you; don’t let personal biases lead you astray; and love everyone as yourself.”

In life, Kyle tries to see beyond the exterior of a person to find the potential underneath.

“My favorite thing about being an RA,” he says, “is helping people figure out what they want from their college experience.

“Seeing them fulfill their goals is really cool, too.”

He stresses the importance of relationships in his life and cites his family as a major influence.

“Family, friends, relationships in general play a huge role in my life,” he says. “I love interacting with people.”

Although Kyle is in the lab 12-15 hours a week, he always makes time for his friends and residents on hall.

When he isn’t socializing in Spencer or stirring up concoctions in Chem lab, Kyle can be seen in the pit, playing soccer or running with friends in Battle Park. He also is a big Tar Heels fan – Harrison Barnes is his favorite basketball player.

After college, Kyle hopes to attend medical school at UNC and eventually become either a pediatrician or an anesthesiologist.

Sources: All photos provided by Kyle Sebastian

Sophomore, PR major at UNC