This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

School’s almost out and that can only mean one thing … swimsuit season! Finding a cute (and affordable!) suit to sport by the pool or on the beach can sometimes be frustrating or seem downright impossible. Lucky for you, I’ve picked out some of this season’s finest at VS and Target and a few adorable accessory necessities. Play it safe in a brightly colored bandeau or halter top, or be bold with a trendy fringe or neon bikini! Complete the ensemble with a ruffled coverup, straw tote bag and floppy hat.

1. Royal blue bandeau: Victoria’s Secret, $48
2. Neon top: Target, $14.99
3. Mint green halter: Victoria’s Secret, $44
4. Floppy hat: Target, $14.99
5. Mix & Match bikini: Target, $19.99
6. Straw tote bag: J. Crew, $45
7. Blue fringe top: The Trend Boutique, $79
    Blue fringe bottom: The Trend Boutique, $69
8. Coral cover up: Target, $17.99

Chelsea Capps

Chapel Hill

Brittany is a senior Visual Communications major in the UNC-CH School of Journalism and an Entrepreneurship minor, originally from Frederick, MD. This summer she interned in the fashion department of O, The Oprah Magazine in NYC. She has interned at the Durham Herald-Sun Newspaper and as a multi-media producer for the UNC Foreign Language Department and School of Education. Brittany enjoys snowboarding, rock climbing, water sports and all things to do with the beach. In the future she hopes to work in the magazine industry, travel and continue practicing yoga.