InVEST in Vests This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

In about a month campus will be covered in students walking to class while bundled up in heavy pea coats, scarves and gloves. But right now, we are still in that awkward weather phase when some mornings are freezing, but when you get out of class the temperature has risen till you are sweating in your jeans and sweater.

The key to dressing for this kind of weather is layering, and a vest is a key layering piece to add to your wardrobe. Throw it on over a t-shirt or lightweight sweater in the freezing mornings and take it off in the warmer afternoons.

There are many different styles of vests including fleece, quilted and fur. You can choose the type of vest that goes best with your style!

The key is to buy a vest that fits somewhat slim and hits right at your hips, so that it does not make you look boxy or bigger than you are!

Fleece:

1. Patagonia Retro-X Vest – $149
2. LL Bean Comfort Fleece, Mock Turtleneck Vest – $34.95
3. LL Bean Trail Model Fleece Vest – $39.95

Quilted:

4. Forever21 Quilted Woven Vest – $29.80
5. Lands End Diamond Quilted Down Vest – $49.50
6. JCrew Excursion Quilted Vest – $110

Fur:

7. Forever21 Shawl Collar Faux Fur Vest – $37.80
8. JCPenny MNG by Mango Faux Fur Vest – $65
9. Buckle Daytrip Faux Fur Vest – $39.95

Sarah Smith is a junior at the University of Michigan, Class of 2012, majoring in Communication Studies and Political Science. She is the Editor-in-Chief of The Forum, Michigan's Greek Life Newspaper, and the secretary of Michigan's chapter of Ed2010. Sarah is also an active member of Alpha Delta Pi Sorority, and she currently serves Michigan's Panhellenic Association as the Vice President of Public Relations.  A native of Sterling Heights, MI, she has been a Michigan fan since birth and loves spending Saturday mornings cheering on her Wolverines. Some of her favorite things include The Office, Audrey Hepburn, women's magazines, and microwave popcorn - preferably with lots of butter and salt!