Have You Heard of Us?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Unless you live under a rock, by now you’ve probably seen that amazing video mashup covering the greatest pop hits of 2014 on BuzzFeed. (And if you haven’t, what are you doing with your life..studying for finals? Watch it now!)

While your heart is probably beating with excitement over all your favorite tunes, you’re also probably thinking, “who are these people and how come I’ve never heard of them before?”

Well, here’s the rundown…

About three years ago two solo artists from different sides of the country, Carissa from California and Michael from North Carolina (he’s an App State alumni!), met in the ultimate twist of fate at a music video shoot in LA.

The two had an instant connection and as the story would go, they eventually fell in love. In April of 2012, the two solo artists decided to become a duo when they tied the knot with these adorable wedding vows (and concidently, their hit single!)

The duo began promoting their music on YouTube, posting original songs and covers, but the real turning point came one night when they decided to record a six-second cover of a hit song on the app Vine.

Their popularity grew tremendously and before they knew it they had 1.5 million followers and were singing on Good Morning America.

Just when they thought the deal couldn’t get any sweeter, it did when earlier this year Us the Duo became Vine’s first major label signing with Republic Records!

As if that wasn’t enough, since then, the duo has already headlined their first tour, had their music featured in the animated movie, The Book of Life, and appeared as the musical act for “The Life You Want” tour with Oprah Winfrey! No biggie.

So now that you’ve officially been introduced to the band behind the Vine, the question now is…are you obsessed yet?

For more updates on all things Us the Duo, check them out on Twitter, Instagram and Vine @UstheDuo!

Kelsie Gibson

Chapel Hill

Kelsie Gibson is a senior Communication Studies major at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She is from Kannapolis, NC. She is a member of Phi Beta Chi sorority. She loves to sing, act, write, and spend time with family and friends.