david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

#Halloweek: 10 Nostalgic Things To Get You To Your Spooky-Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Halloween is right around the corner. And, in the middle of midterm season, it can be a little hard to get *thrilled* for the spooky spectacular that is Oct. 31. Here are a few nostalgic things from your childhood that will send you right back to a time when Halloween was your life.

Candy Corn

Whether you like it or not, candy corn is essential for any October mood.

Pillsbury Halloween Take-n-Bake Cookies

These are essential for all the end of year holidays. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, you name it. If you don’t have these at least once in October, I don’t know how you are surviving.

Party City

Nothing gets you into the Halloween atmosphere more than the store that vomits holiday all over you.

Pumpkin Carving

From the most skilled of pumpkin-iers to the rookies, everyone can admit that a jack-o-lantern is a top priority for any decorated house or dorm.

“Thriller”

Watch. The. Video. That’s it. It is the most sure fire way to send you spiraling into spooky sensations.

“Hocus Pocus”

These last five are some of the best Halloween movies from your childhood. Starting off the bunch is the iconic Hocus Pocus.

“The Nightmare Before Christmas”

This one counts for two holidays! We love multitasking.

“Twitches”

If you haven’t seen “Twitches,” you need to remedy that ASAP. The secret to success is a “Twitches” sequel called “Twitches Too!” Watch them both for maximum enjoyment.

“Halloweentown” (all of them)

They change actresses halfway through, and, somehow, kid me never noticed.

“Corpse Bride” and “Coraline”

These two go together. If you have seen them, you know. You can’t separate them.

“‘Cause this is thriller!!!!”

Katie Jackson

Chapel Hill '23

Katie is an undergrad at UNC Chapel Hill. She is part of the Campus Y Outreach Taskforce and HYPE Tutoring. Interested in sustainability, economics, and global culture and policy, Katie plans to study business, public policy, and environmental sciences. Katie loves her kitten named Hiccup (yes, from How to Train Your Dragon), her two dogs, her other kitten (even though it is technically her sister's) and her cat.