#HalloWeek: 10 Last Minute Spooky Activities To Get You Into The Halloween Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Whether it’s the day after Halloween or a few days before, the week of Halloween is usually when I start panicking about not having done enough “spooky” activities during the spookiest season of the year. If you’re like me, you’re probably in the market for some quick and easy ways to get into the Halloween, or just the general holiday, spirit.

If that sounds like you, I’ve got you covered with this list of 10 activities that are sure to get you into that good old spooky spirit.

Visit a Haunted House

What better way to get into the season than by being scared into it?

Carve Pumpkins

Grab your buddies, grab some carving tools and create your very own masterpiece!

Watch Scary Movies

I love a good scary movie, and there’s no better way to make things spooky than by being scared half to death, right?

Have a fun Halloween Party

We love a good party, and when you make it spooky, what could be better?

Costume Contest

Find a costume contest in your area. Have a costume contest with your friends. The possibilities are endless!

Cook Halloween-Inspired Food

Test your cooking skills in the kitchen, this spooky season!

See What Events are in Your Area

Check out some local event calendars, and find some fun Halloween things to do in your area!

Decorate Your Home

Throw up some cobwebs, put pumpkins EVERYWHERE and get into the spooky spirit!

Visit a Pumpkin Patch

Visit a pumpkin patch with some friends, and find the best pumpkin you can. Maybe a pumpkin to carve later?

Spend Time With Friends

Make some spooky memories with your best buddies, this Halloween!

No matter what you choose to do, add one of these activities into the mix for a fun way to get into the spooky spirit, and enjoy the Halloween season!

Ashley Oldham

Chapel Hill '20

Ashley Oldham is a senior English and Comparative Literature and Sociology double major at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. In her free time she enjoys drinking way too much coffee, attempting to write the next great American novel, and going on spontaneous road trips, all in the name of procrastinating on whatever schoolwork she currently has to do. To see what she's doing next (and get bombarded with cat pictures) follow her on Instagram @ashleyyerinno.