Five Celebrity-Owned Restaurants To Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Summer is coming up right around the corner, and for many of us students that means internships and vacations. One of the most important things to know when traveling to another city is where to find good food. So I mixed it up a little and found restaurants owned by celebrities we adore. From actor to athlete, we all love food. Here are five celebrities who own restaurants around the U.S.

Ryan Gosling & Tagine

Tagine is a Moroccan restaurant in Beverly Hills, CA, and Ryan has been a co-owner since 2004. Ryan helped convince Chef Ben to share his grandmother’s recipes with the rest of the world since there was nothing quite like it. We should all have a friend as great as Ryan.

Justin Timberlake & Southern Hospitality

Southern Hospitality claims to be “an authentic Memphis-style BBQ restaurant and bar,” and this yummy establishment opened its doors in 2007. Its original location resides in Manhattan, N.Y. though it can also be found in Denver and Colorado Springs, Colo. Contrary to popular belief, Timberlake does not actually own the restaurant.  However, because he was the sounding board for the concept and he helped create the menu, he deserves a shout-out.

Mark Wahlberg (and fam) & Wahlburgers

Most of us are well aware of the fact the beautiful Wahlberg siblings have their own restaurant, but who doesn’t like a little dose of Marky Mark in their day? Paul, Donnie and Mark opened their first restaurant in Massachusetts in 2011 and now have seven locations with more on the way. Be sure to catch them on their reality show “Wahlburgers” on A&E!

Jon Bon Jovi & Soul Kitchen (John W Ferguson/Getty Images)

JBJ opened Soul Kitchen 2011 and there’s a really cool story behind this American restaurant. There are no prices on the menu and you donate what you can to pay for your meal. If you cannot pay, you can volunteer at the restaurant instead. This awesome establishment is located in Red Bank, N.J. and also has another location under construction in Toms River, N.J.

Lady Gaga and Joanne Trattoria

Technically Lady Gaga’s parents own this Italian restaurant, but it is mentionable because it was named after Gaga’s aunt, Joanne Germanotta, whom Gaga was named after. Though she passed before Gaga was born, she has said she feels a strong connection with her aunt. This restaurant is located in the Upper West Side of Manhattan and they even deliver!

Hopefully your summer adventures lead you to one of these awesome restaurants. If they do, or if you have already visited, let us know how it was in the comments below! Happy eating, collegiettes!

(All pictures taken from restaurant websites unless otherwise noted.)

Rachael is a senior public relations major at UNC–Chapel Hill. In addition to being the president/co-campus correspondent of Her Campus Chapel Hill, Rachael is also a member of Zeta Tau Alpha sorority and a mentor for EASE, a study abroad organization. She is an enthusiast of Snapchat, strong coffee, and "hardcore parkour" goat videos.